Content Marketing on LinkedIn is all about connecting with a defined audience, building trust and keeping them engaged so that they ultimately become clients.
So, one of the questions our clients ask most frequently is “What is the secret to getting more engagement on LinkedIn?”
That’s a vital question and sometimes our clients are a little disappointed with how we respond. Sometimes they’re hoping there’ll be one “silver bullet” technique that will drive huge results. We have to say there isn’t one magical LinkedIn secret that will do this for you.
That doesn’t mean it’s ‘game over’ though. Not by a long shot. There are 8 key actions you can take to increase engagement and we know you’ll see your efforts bear fruit if you do so consistently.
Here are the first 5 Tips for Increasing Engagement
1. You know how disappointing it is when you put up a post and no-one comments? Don’t be like that. Comment on posts by your connections or better still, comment and share their posts. The algorithm loves that, picks up that content and shows it to more people.
2. Post consistently high quality original content. There is no excuse for lazy, superficial posts if you want to keep your audience reading and coming back for more.
3. Mix up the formats to include text, video, polls, document posts and the occasional post with an image. Keep it relevant
4. Keep tabs on who’s viewed your profile. View their profiles in return. Consider following them. Reach out with a direct message (Inmail) to see if it’s in both your interests to connect. Ask how you could help them in their business.
5. Make good use of the Featured section. It’s the perfect place to put a high-performing blog post, a presentation you’ve delivered or some other off-platform content that your audience would find useful. Just remember to change the Featured items occasionally so that they don’t get ‘stale’.
If you can do these 5 things consistently you should start to see your LinkedIn numbers trending upward. Profile views, new connections, views and reactions to your posts should all increase over time.
There are 3 more Tips for driving engagement that we’d love to share with you.
6. This one gets variable results but it could work for you. Join a few targeted Groups. Get into the conversation. Share information and ideas. Reach out to others to help them and follow each other.
7. You already know how important we think Recommendations are on your profile. How about doing this for others too? In return, they’ll be more inclined to follow your posts, engage with your content, and maybe even post a Recommendation on your profile too.
8. Look for other business owners whose work and values align with yours. Reach out, follow, connect and collaborate where possible. That allows both of you to potentially expand your audience in a way that works for both your business and theirs.
And that’s just the beginning. Engagement isn’t an end in itself. It lays the foundation for taking conversations off-line and creating genuine, warm sales leads.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 800+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book “Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
You might be surprised to know what exactly we do, it’s a little different to what you may expect. Watch this short video that outline the 3 outcomes you will achieve working with us – CLICK Here