One member of our Prominence Global team over in New Zealand was lucky enough not to be in a COVID lockdown for a while and managed to attend a business breakfast in person.
They told him there would be time for networking before and after the guest speakers’ presentations so he should bring plenty of business cards. That could have been a problem as he had just run out of cards and his new ones hadn’t yet been delivered by the print shop.
Fortunately he knew about a cool LinkedIn feature that very few people use so the lack of business cards quickly became a non-issue.
It wasn’t a huge gathering and most of the attendees were entrepreneurs and small business owners. Inevitably, most of the conversations started with “So what business are you in?”
That’s exactly what happened and he soon found himself in a great discussion with someone he’d met there for the first time. It turned out they were interested in what we do here at Prominence Global, so they naturally asked him for his business card.
As you already know, he didn’t have any with him to hand out.
Instead this was a great opportunity to show his new contact a cool LinkedIn feature as well as share his profile and get connected immediately.
The LinkedIn QR code. It makes connecting almost instantly a breeze. It’s still only available on the mobile app, not desktop, but then, on your mobile or cellphone is where you want it when you’re networking.
7 Easy Steps to create your very own unique LinkedIn QR code.
1. Open your mobile LinkedIn app and on the right hand side of the Search bar you’ll see an icon that looks like 4 little squares in a frame.
2. Click that icon
3. You’ll now see options for Scan and My code
Click My code and your unique QR code is created instantly
4. Below the code are options to save it to Photos or share it
5. You can choose whether to share it with or without your profile photo. Our recommendation would be to include the photo, assuming it’s up to date of course!
6. If you decide to share it you can do that in a LinkedIn update, a text message, an email or whichever messaging app you use.
If you don’t want to share it that way, you can do what our team member did.
He just brought his QR code up on the screen directly from LinkedIn, his new contact scanned it with her phone and it went straight to his profile. Alternatively, since he’d also saved it to photos he could have opened that photo and his contact could have scanned his code that way too.
How many times have you taken someone’s business card and then just dropped into a desk drawer, left it lying forgotten in a wallet or jacket pocket, or even tossed it in the bin when you got home?
That simple exchange demonstrated to his new contact that he was up to date with the latest features on LinkedIn and helped to turn the conversation into a warm lead.
Would you ditch old fashioned business cards and use the LinkedIn QR code too?
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 800+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book “Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
You might be surprised to know what exactly we do, it’s a little different to what you may expect. Watch this short video that outline the 3 outcomes you will achieve working with us – CLICK Here