A feature that is currently being rolled out to all members who have creator mode turned on is Creator Analytics. If you don’t have access to this new feature as of yet don’t be alarmed it is being released in stages and will be available for you in the near future.
To check availability, click or tap on [Number] post impressions Past 7 days in the Analytics section of your profile. If you do not see creator analytics then they have not been rolled out to your profile as of yet and you will need to check back in the coming weeks.
Building of its existing creator mode tools, the platform is adding more insights to help creators plan and optimise their content strategies and approach when creating their content.
In the past year alone LinkedIn has seen a nearly 50% increase in the number of people following people who have turned on creator mode, with a nearly 30% increase in the engagement on content created by users with creator mode turned on.
One of the ways creator analytics will help with content strategies is, from total impression numbers, to engagement statistics, it will give creators the chance to see what’s working and where there is opportunities to change their content strategy.
The new creator mode stats are going to allow more in depth overviews of content performance, which in turn is going to help you better understand what is resonating with your audience and what isn’t right now.
These more in depth analytics will be available on all types of posts, whether it be articles, videos, text posts or newsletters.
Improvements to the previous analytics
Post Analytics – LinkedIn has reworked the user experience for post analytics to include new summary pages for additional information clarity.
Definitions of metrics have been changed to provide more distinct insights into articles. “Views” is now used to refer to the number of times an article was viewed. “Impressions” is the number of times a post containing the article was displayed on your screen.
The latest update also improved filtering of analytics data. You can now get information on engagement across occupation, industry, location, industry and, company size. Here is an example of that below:
Creator mode is available to all members who meet the following criteria:
- An audience base of more than 150 followers/connections
- Recent share of any type of content on the platform
- A good standing record and a history of abiding by community policies
The following analytics will be available for all members:
- Engagements – The total number of engagements on your posts, including reactions, comments, and shares.
- Discovery – Impressions indicate the number of times your post was displayed on screen (for at least three seconds). This number is an estimate and may not be precise.
- Impression demographics – Demographic information about the members your post was displayed to.
- Engagements – The total number of engagements on the post containing your article, including reactions, comments, and shares.
- Discovery- Impressions indicate the number of times the post containing your article was displayed on screen for at least three seconds. This number is an estimate and may not be precise.
- Article performance- Article views indicate the number of times a member clicked on your article to view it on the article page.
- Article viewer demographics – Demographic information about the members who clicked on your article to read it on the article page.
- Peak live viewers – The highest number of viewers who were watching the video while it was live.
- Minutes viewed – Total minutes this video was displayed on screen, including views less than three seconds. This includes both sponsored and organic distribution.
- Views – Number of times this video was displayed on screen for more than three seconds, including sponsored and organic reach.
- Viewers – Number of members who displayed this video on screen for more than three seconds, including sponsored and organic distribution.
- Video viewer demographics – Demographic information about members who displayed this video on screen.
These new and improved insights are going to allow content creators to further lock down what type of content is working, where they can improve and what types of content posts are resonating with their audience, all whilst creating a better experience for or its users and explaining the data available in a more fluent way for everyone on the platform to be able to understand.
It’s a win win for anyone using the platform and a great addition for every one of you.
What do you think? Will you be using it?
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 830+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s best-selling book “Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here