If you and your team aren’t repurposing your content into various formats for different channels, you’re considerably reducing the return on investment when it comes to content creation. It’s like buying a new car and never taking it for a proper spin. So, after crafting quality content for your audience, don’t just leave it in one form or place. Instead, utilise your efforts to repurpose the content and let your target audience access it in diverse ways.
So let’s dissect how and why you should be repurposing your content. But before I dive into the how and why, allow me to elaborate on what it means to repurpose your content.
What does content repurposing mean then?
Repurposing content is about recycling it by transforming it into a fresh format and tailoring it for use on different platforms, like LinkedIn, to fit their unique characteristics. It’s more than just spreading content across various platforms. The content must be adapted to suit the specific platform where it’s going to be published. For instance, if you fancy repurposing a 3,000-word blog post for YouTube, you’ll need to morph it into a video since YouTube is mainly a platform for sharing videos. In essence, repurposing content means sprucing it up for a new purpose.
Why should you jump on the content repurposing train?
Repurposing content for assorted platforms, including social media, can help you save time, increase traffic, and give your search engine rankings a boost.
Save time while repurposing content
Instead of crafting content from scratch, you’re remixing your existing content to present something new. This substantially cuts down the time it takes to whip up fresh content.
You’ll reach a broader audience
Just having your article on your blog means you’re missing out on potential traffic. Some of your audience might favour video content over the written word. Repurposing your article into a YouTube video can help you tap into that segment of your market. Plus, repurposing your content can make it visible to those who might have overlooked it when you first released your content. When you repurpose your article for multiple platforms, you can attract traffic from these sources. By repurposing your content for ten different platforms, you can automatically connect with a new audience and ramp up your traffic.
Which content can be given a new lease of life?
Repurposing content can work its magic on nearly any type of content, as long as it’s valuable to your audience.
The most fitting types of content for repurposing are:
- Evergreen content
- High-traffic content
- Content that needs a refresh
The content that can be repurposed may encompass videos, text, images, or audio.
Video: Places you can repurpose your videos
- Various platforms can host and share videos, like social media platforms and video hosting platforms.
- Conferences can be held to share videos and ideas with an audience.
- TV shows can feature videos, like documentaries or interviews.
- Interviews can be carried out and disseminated on various platforms, including social media and websites.
- Webinars can be held to share educational or informative videos with a targeted audience.
- Online courses can be designed to share video content with students.
- Documentaries can be crafted and distributed to share information and ideas with a wider audience.
Different types of text formats:
Written content, such as blog posts or articles, can be shared on various platforms.
White Papers or reports can be authored and shared with detailed information on a specific topic or subject.
Newsletters can be developed and dispatched to disseminate updates and information to a targeted audience.
Case studies can be authored and circulated to showcase the success of a particular product or service.
eBooks can be crafted and distributed to provide readers with valuable information or knowledge.
Social media posts can be deployed to share written content with a broader audience.
Responses to queries on social media, blogs, or forums can be given to spread knowledge and expertise to others.
Images: Images you can repurpose include your
- Social media images
- Blog images
Audio: These encompass
- Radio interviews
- X (Twitter)
How can you go about repurposing content?
- Long-form content can be turned into an online course to deliver value to your audience.
- Old blog posts can be refreshed with new information and internal links to increase traffic.
- An idea from a blog post can be expanded upon in a LinkedIn post to share valuable insights with a different audience.
- Engaging or amusing parts of a video can be transformed into GIFs or memes for social media.
- Important quotes or stats from content can be transformed into graphics for social media.
- A post from one platform can be shared on another platform with an intriguing caption to connect with a wider audience.
- A live video can be created to delve into key points from a case study.
- Your prime content on a topic can be bundled up and given away as a freebie to expand your email list.
- A podcast can be transcribed and refined into a blog post.
- A video of a podcast can be uploaded to YouTube.
- A podcast can be converted into a X (Twitter) space to share insights with a different audience.
- Segments of a blog post can be sent as newsletters to your email list.
- An infographic can be devised from the results of a Facebook poll.
- The most captivating parts of a video can be edited into a shorter video for social media.
As outlined, it’s worthwhile reviewing your current content to see how you can repurpose your content today. Don’t let your published content languish in a single format or on a solitary platform. Squeeze out its potential until you’ve explored all conceivable creative ideas. You’ve poured a lot of effort into crafting that content, so don’t let it fizzle out.
Content repurposing goes beyond just breaking lengthy content into shorter bits or merging shorter bits into longer ones. Sometimes, it entails enriching and expanding your lengthier content to make it even better.
Rather than ceaselessly creating new content from scratch, learn how to rejuvenate your existing content. By working smarter, not harder, you can save time and energy while broadening your content’s reach and impact.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Follow Adam Houlahan’s LinkedIn Profile Now Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book “The LinkedIn Playbook” Click Here
4. Join our Content Ninja Club Today!
This Club is a community of professionals who are dedicated to mastering LinkedIn engagement and seeing real results. In fact, members experience a 300% to 1000% increase in content traction! The best part? You can join the Club accessing a comprehensive set of tools and resources for just $197 AUD/month with no lock-in contracts. Join today Content Ninja Club Registration
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here