LinkedIn is already a powerful platform and the ideal place for growing your business, and your network, generating new leads and increasing your revenue. With over 830+ million users worldwide it’s a platform all savvy business owners should be looking to conquer.
Here are some marketing tips that are going to help you make the best use of both your time and energy on the platform.
- LinkedIn is a social media platform that can be used to build brand awareness and relationships with consumers.
- By posting engaging content and participating in industry discussions, businesses using LinkedIn can market to potential customers and partners.
- Business owners can use LinkedIn to grow their email marketing list with their professional connections and network.
- This article is for business owners who want to use LinkedIn to boost their marketing efforts and connections with consumers.
Our team have collected some of our most effective methodologies for generating new leads, new clients and partners, and ultimately helping grow your business.
Before we get to that let’s get into why marketing is so important on LinkedIn and why and how to set up a company page.
LinkedIn Marketing, What is it?
LinkedIn isn’t just for professionals and job seekers. Sure, millions of professionals use LinkedIn every day to grow their networks and their careers, but you can use it to grow your business too. This social media tool exposes you and your business to millions of connections that you can use to build relationships with individuals and other companies to boost your brand.
At its core, it’s a professional social network. It’s all about career development, professional connections, industry discussions and other business-related activities. You can find customers, employees and partners alike on LinkedIn.
How to set up your company page
Having a business page is just as important as having a website for your company. Your business page is free to set up and use as long as you have a company name and email.
See a recent blog we did on why you need a company page and how to set it up.
Why you need a LinkedIn company page!
Marketing Tips on how to grow your business on LinkedIn
Target your audience
One of the key features of LinkedIn is the ability to target your audience for marketing purposes. The platform will allow you to save your searches and break down the categories you would like.
Our tip is to narrow down your search criteria lists into the categories provided such as: Industry, Job title, Company name, Geography, Seniority level, Company size, Relationship, and Function.
Narrowing your search ensures you are targeting the exact group of people you need to reach, connect with and potentially become clients moving forward.
Stay relevant and on your customer’s radar
When making connections with new prospects or new clients it’s imperative to ensure you are staying in front of your eyes to continue to build those relationships.
Here are some things you can do:
- Weekly, Fortnightly, or Monthly newsletters
- Website Blogs
- Database emails that share value and solve problems
- Run live events on zoom or in person/Invite your list
By doing this you are ensuring you are front of mind with your prospects, new clients and your ideal audience.
Create and post High-Quality content
Provide valuable content that people want to read. If there is no value, why should anyone waste their time on it?
Make sure your content is professional and matches your brand and message across the board. Look to leverage and repurpose content when appropriate, you could share content from someone you follow, however, real authority is generated when you create your own content, make sure you’re keeping it consistent with a good mix of all of the different types of content available for best results.
- Blog Posts
- Text/Image Posts
- Native Video Posts
- LinkedIn Live
- LinkedIn Audio
To sum it all up I’d make sure you are being genuine, consistent, and authentic in everything you do. Make sure you do the research and settle on your audience from the get go and only then can you start building your community and targeting that community with the right content. Follow the best practice guide and get started today!
Always provide value for your audience
A valuable tip learnt over time is to not hit your prospects with a sales pitch or get them to try and buy a product, especially within your first message. You need to build some trust and a great way to do that is to provide value for your prospect. Some great examples of providing value are Free Ebooks, Tips and hacks, breaking industry news, and invites to free online events they could be interested in to name just a few. Building a relationship and trust this way is going to make it a lot easier to connect and turn your prospects into customers.
Increase engagement on your content
Here are the first 5 Tips for Increasing Engagement:
- You know how disappointing it is when you put up a post and no one comments? Don’t be like that. Comment on posts by your connections where appropriate.
- Post consistently high-quality original content. There is no excuse for lazy, superficial posts if you want to keep your audience watching or reading and coming back for more.
- Mix up the formats to include text, video, polls, document posts and the occasional post with an image. Keep it relevant.
- Keep tabs on who’s viewed your profile. View their profiles in return. Consider following them. Reach out with a connection request or Inmail to see if it’s in both your interests to connect. Ask how you could help them in their business.
- Make good use of the Featured section. It’s the perfect place to put a high-performing blog post, a presentation you’ve delivered or some other off-platform content that your audience would find useful. Just remember to change the Featured items occasionally so that they don’t get ‘stale’.
If you can do these 5 things consistently you should start to see your LinkedIn numbers trending upward. Profile views, new connections, views and reactions to your posts should all increase over time.
LinkedIn is a really valuable tool for your business to start growing its network and increase leads which will lead to increased profits.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 830+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s best-selling book “Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here