Do you agree: Social media can feel like a massive beast that just takes up your time? But it doesn’t have to be like that.
Here are some really quick and easy tips you can implement today.
Just choose one and get to it!
1. Grab attention with gifs – Use the gifs and add some entertainment and movement to your posts.
2. Introduce your team – Your clients and audience enjoy knowing what you are up to within your business. So why not introduce them to your team.
3. Give, give, give Always remember to give without expecting anything in return. Even just doing this small thing and sharing information as a token of your appreciation for your followers, you will see more interaction and engagement.
4. Do an Instagram story – When you do these remember the 15 second limit and share mini bites (6 or so) to make up a whole story.
5. Use fun facts and trivia – Anything that interests, fascinates, or informs will be welcomed.
6. Ask a question – One of the most engaging pieces of content you can write … is to actually just answer a question your followers want to know from you.
7. Do a live video – Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn all have this option. Just make sure you have something valid to say and share value with your audience. They are taking time out of their day to hang out with you, so make it worth their while.
8. Use polls – You can do this for business and also your personal facts about yourself and your life. People love answering questions and polls.
9. Be yourself – People follow you because they already like you and they keep following you because you put out great content. They eventually buy from you because they trust in you from the content you put out there and the way you display yourself online and off.
10. Invitation – Invite your followers to an event, webinar or a workshop you have happening…make it interesting and personally invite them. It might be to a speaking engagement you have. It could also be a retreat or event you are attending.
11. Post a photo of your office and work area – Show people what you are up today and even write out your to-do list.
12. Take a selfie – OK, this one may not work for LinkedIn but this can be a very engaging post and we are having a love affair with and an addiction to selfies at the moment!
13. Tell stories – You can do this for business and also your personal platforms to share facts about yourself and your life.
14. Share a piece of content from someone you admire – Have you read or seen something amazing by someone you follow? Share it and share the social media love at the same time. They will love it and you for doing so!
15. Try a Boomerang – Typically done in Instagram, remember you only have a few seconds to capture the boomerang. Just keep practicing until you get the hang of it. Then download it and add it to another social platform.
16. Share something of your own – What have you been working on lately? A blog post, video, eBook? Share it out to the world and your audience with a note on how it will help them if they take the time to download and read said piece of content.
17. Use your hashtags too – These are a proven way to get your profile out there more.
18. Video interview a customer – Get a success story! The social media channels are loving video right now; it’s one of the biggest trends to hit the social stratosphere this year and isn’t likely to go anywhere. Most of the social media platforms are favouring it, so it’s in your best interests to favour it too!
19. Take advantage of free monitoring tools – You need to know what people are saying about your business and your brand – reputation is everything. There are social media tools that monitor your activity and the reactions it elicits. These include Google Alerts, Brand24, Topsy, TweetDeck/Hootsuite, Icerocket, and Social Mention, which all have versions to use for free.
20. Get your goals in place for your content – Do you have a specific goal in mind of how you want your content to work for you? This is so important because when we set the intention first before we start to create, then we are more likely to get the result.
21. Support your fans – According to a survey by J.D. Power (groovehq.com), almost 70 per cent of consumers look to a brand’s social media profiles for customer support. What can you do to support your fans and connections on social media more than you already do right now? Gather your team and brainstorm.
22. Make your posts short and sweet – Dot point out your post and make it snappy. People online are impatient and they move quickly.
23. Try a long-form post – In complete contradiction to the post above try a long-form post. Big trend for 2019.
24. Answer this question – What is your company’s why? – Let me ask you ask you this… why are you in business? Amazingly, very few business owners can answer this question when first asked, or they default to the wrong answer.
25. Add captions to your LinkedIn videos – There’s really nothing to it! It’s not too technical and LinkedIn have made it easy for you to add them to your videos when you are uploading them. However, you do need to do this on your desktop computer.
26. Run a competition – This is bound to get you more likes, comments and shares, especially if it’s part of the entry condition! Just make sure you are giving something of substance and value away as the major prize.
27. Inspirational quotes – you know I love them! There are entire Facebook pages, Instagram pages, Twitter pages and even websites devoted entirely to these – so they must be popular. Inspirational quotes don’t just inspire; they motivate, empower, and are very highly shareable.
28. Position yourself as micro-influencer – It’s something that is definitely in reach for you – even if you haven’t considered it until now. ‘Micro Influencers’ are defined as “everyday people with a decent following… more than 3000 followers on their Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, which usually revolves around a particular passion or niche.” (Tribe, 2017)
29. Become a LinkedIn influencer – Having an impact on the world is the reason why we have created the 12-Week Influencer Program.
30. Align your brand – Re-check and make sure your content is on brand. Are you being true to your brand, your business and yourself? Are you creating content that is in line with what you want to achieve as a brand?
31. Write a list of topics you can create content about – Have you created a list of topics, headlines and a brief on what the piece of content will be about? You can get this started with a client question (see point above), but also add in how-to posts, tip posts and even an interview or a client story post.
32. Use the Pulse blog – LinkedIn is your social media business card and a place for you to share your knowledge and experience. And one of the ways you can do this is on the Pulse blog. With people on LinkedIn looking for news-style content, the blog is the ideal place to share what you know.
33. Share the results your clients have achieved – This is the social proof … what are some of the results you and your clients have achieved? This builds the trust and credibility. Testimonials are good here. Even using videos will help get this message across with even more impact.
If you need a hand with LinkedIn, we can help you.
P.S. Here are 4 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
- Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 550 million LinkedIn users currently active – Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can “Show out” instead of just showing up
Every 8 weeks we have a new intake into our 12 – week Influencer program… Click Here for more details
- Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here… tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat