At Prominence Global our clients often ask us this. Views will vary but you should at least know what LinkedIn allows so that you can decide what’s right for you.
You probably know that there are limits to how much content you can put into each section of your profile and your posts. But LinkedIn doesn’t show you these limits while you are in edit mode.
Do you know what the limits are? Are you using all the characters available to your advantage?
The character count available is different for nearly every item and it’s hard to keep track of this so we’ve done the research for you and put together a detailed checklist.
Whether you’re just starting to build your profile or are ready to put some time into refining it, this list of LinkedIn Character Limits and Dimensions may be useful. This also applies to status posts, groups, invitations to connect, and company pages.
The character counts include spaces.
Keep this checklist handy for reference as you work through your profile and share content.
That’s a lot to remember so here’s our advice to help you avoid feeling overwhelmed:
● Focus on the most important sections of your profile to start with. These are the headline, the About section and your most recent experience
● Long articles are no longer getting real traction on LinkedIn so you can relax. Start creating short status posts by sharing content that someone else wrote or shared and will be relevant to your audience – just add a brief value-adding comment when you share.
● Comment on other people’s posts as this adds value and doesn’t require a lot of content
● Stay within the character count when you write you status posts otherwise your network will not see your content and your hard work will be wasted
At Prominence Global we specialize in helping our clients create outstanding profiles and build their brands through high quality content.
We offer a range of programs so you’ll definitely find something that works for you and your budget.
You can start with Inner Circle Free – a pretty comprehensive program that’s already helped over 16000 clients stand out in their markets. And yes, it’s totally free!
And when you’re ready, there are Inner Circle Solo, Inner Circle Academy, and Inner Circle Legends offering increasing levels of support and sophistication.
Why not give us a call to chat about how we can help you achieve prominence in your market?
There are 5 ways we can help with that:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 700 million LinkedIn users currently active – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program on our Free Trial
Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here… tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat
Photo Credit www.inlytics.io