We have all had to bear the brunt of burn out, stress and uncertainty, as a business owner. In fact, many of us are on the same boat given the current climate.
But the question is, what are you going to do about it? How will you win your life and business back?
While many business owners are some of the most passionate and motivated individuals, they can also be obsessive, unbalanced and stressed, given the nature of their profession.
Do you often let your mood, self-worth, personal life and life’s journey be tied to the ups and downs of your business?
Yes, the world is caught in a fix and has nearly come to a halt. But if your plan is to stay hopeless, sulk, kick back and wait for things to pass, you’re making the wrong move.
This is what you should do instead – continue working on your business.
Here’s the mantra you need – Pivot, don’t panic!
Build a wonderful team, work together and figure out how you can change gears and emerge after all this, and find the footing you might have lost.
Do two things right: Outsource and build a team now
Entrepreneurs certainly are talented and competent, but some make the mistake of juggling everything on their own assuming that they can “do it better”.
If your business needs you to step in at every turn, something is just not right and needs to change.
A simple solution is to outsource.
Yes, it’s scary and confusing, but look at it this way – if you spend all week checking off low-value tasks that could have been done by anyone else, your business won’t be growing itself now, would it?
Here’s how you can identify low-value tasks: Something that can be done by someone else, but instead sucks up hours of your day, zaps your energy, and makes you wish you had more time.
– Audit your to-do lists and calendar
– What are the tasks that only YOU can do? Are these adding value to your business and helping you grow?
– The tasks that take up too much of your time, is it better off in the hands of someone who is an expert or enjoys doing these?
Outsource these 5 low-value tasks and win back your time
To help you ease into this process and take some time to wrap your head around the changes, here are 5 low-value activities that you could start outsourcing:
– Copywriting: Every business owner must wield the power of words to thrive in the competitive world. Two posts a day, a weekly blog, copy for ads and promotions, amazing visuals to go with it and all of this tweaked to suit several platforms – do you have the time for this? It’s a big decider in your growth and success, and if you think letting the experts take over will be best, then make it happen.
– Graphic design: Some of us are good, and others, not so much – wouldn’t you agree? Unless this is something you love and don’t want to give up on, outsourcing this time-consuming task will be best for your business. Breathe new life into your upcoming projects and brand by welcoming a fresh eye.
– Bookkeeping: Say what you will, but having your expert team member take over bookkeeping is the best thing you can do for yourself and your business. Whether you like it or not, there will come a time when you cannot afford to stress over checking your balance sheets and bills every month – so why not outsource right now?
– Customer service: This is another aspect where your business can stand out. Whether you have a small or large customer base, problems will certainly arise. Complaints, refunds, payment issues, returns or exchanges, no-shows – a lot could go wrong. Do you want to spend all day answering phones and stressing about making your customers happy, when you could be working on closing that business deal? A big part of your job as an owner is to do what’s best for your business.
– Administrative and repetitive tasks: If you think this could help you free up some space and time to work on your goals this year, consider hiring a virtual assistant. They can help you with scheduling calls, setting up your calendar, writing emails, sending reminders, managing your team or certain projects on your behalf, and even set up systems and processes to ease business operations.
Time, money and the risk involved
Outsourcing is neither a waste of money, nor a risk. Unless you give it a shot, you will never truly experience the power and freedom.
If all you have ever wanted is a bit more time, you have a way to make it happen.
A plethora of options are available for you to choose from:
– Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
– Platforms like Fiverr and Upwork that are the go-to choices these days.
– Ask your friends and family within your network for recommendations.
If you are still hung up on how you can trust your remote employee with your business, read these trends that prove outsourcing benefits businesses:
– Businesses most commonly outsource technical tasks like accounting (37%), IT services (37%), and digital marketing (34%).
– 37% of small businesses currently outsource a business process.
– Businesses choose to outsource to increase efficiency (24%) and receive assistance from an expert (18%) – among many other reasons.
It’s time to work on your business and put those low-value tasks in your team’s to-do pile, not your own. Start with these suggestions and soon enough you will realise just how valuable outsourcing can be – and then try and stop you!
Other ways we can help you
If you need some work-life balance, we can help. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 700 million LinkedIn users currently active – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program on our Free Trial Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here… tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat