To all the readers out there who use content marketing consistently, I have a question for you – do you know where the content marketing industry is moving?
If you don’t stay updated on this front, how will you adjust your own content marketing strategy and aim for growth and better results? Sure, you can go with what you “feel” is right, but for how long?
Take a moment to read the following statistics that throw some light on content marketing –
– 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing.
– 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day.
– But only 42% of B2B marketers say they’re effective at content marketing.
Keeping this in mind, I often encounter complaints that it is getting more difficult than ever to find “relevant” content. Some feel that there is abundant wrong content, too little of the right content or simply unhelpful and irrelevant content.
With content saturation on every platform with everyone opting for content marketing to fulfill their goals – the market certainly is flooded.
What is even worse is that it is getting trickier to get your content noticed anywhere. Are you encountering this problem too?
Believe me when I say this, there is no reason to be disheartened until you have tried your content marketing strategy on LinkedIn.
Use LinkedIn’s content algorithm to your advantage
LinkedIn always has your back.
Understand these two main things about the LinkedIn news feed:
- It is primarily concerned with native, organic content, and
- It is not based on recency, rather on an algorithm designed to identify the most influential authors combined with their interaction history with audiences.
The mantra of the feed is: “People you know, talking about the things you care about,” says Pete Davies, LinkedIn’s senior director of product management.
What does this mean for users like you and I looking to have our content highlighted and trending?
- When you post something, LinkedIn’s feed algorithm tries to gauge whether your post is spam, low quality or good.
- If it is good, the post will stay on the feed for a while until LinkedIn tracks and analyses how well the audience is engaging with it.
- What is judged next is whether your post deserves to show up on people’s feeds for a longer duration – this time they will track the performance of you and your connections.
- The last step is when editors will review your post to decide what should be done after this point – higher the post’s engagement, better are your chances. Do you notice that sometimes you see posts that are weeks old? Well, that’s because they passed the test.
There are some tried and tested practices that you should incorporate into your strategy to make this happen!
How do you make your content relevant on LinkedIn
With the LinkedIn algorithm, as long as your post is performing well, it will keep showing up in the feeds and you do not have to post 15 times a day to make this happen.
While it does take a lot of effort and maybe even some luck to be considered “good performance” by LinkedIn, you can start by focusing on these five points of improvement that could get you closer to your goal:
– Quality of content trumps quantity: How inviting is your content? Just as how we hang on to every word of a best-selling novel, a post is more likely to be trending on LinkedIn if it keeps your readers glued and makes them want more of it. There is no point in outsourcing your content needs for the cheapest rates and have someone who write “filler” content.
– Always use relevant hashtags and keywords, but bring your A Game:
Add hashtags and work in keywords where you can, but if your post reads like an SEO bot – it’s too much. Do not forget that you still want your post to actually be read through rather than only show up when people search for related content.
– Focus on a niche: LinkedIn’s Davies says, “We know from our data that members are more interested in going deep on topics they’re interested in. Consistently we see better conversation around niche ideas.”
When you know your target audience, who will be interested in reading your content, you can also find out what sparks an interest in them by following your industry influencers and thought leaders who are in the lead and find out what they are sharing!
– Invite people to engage on your content: The best way for you to increase engagement on your post is to get more people to see it. You can do this by tagging your friends, family and close connections to notify them about your new post. Secondly, paid promotions is a great way to reach out to more readers.
– Reply to all comments: Engagement is what we all seek. So, when readers spare a minute to engage and comment on your post – whether it is one comment or 20, it is important to acknowledge them and reply. It will be even better if it paves the way for a valuable discussion or debate!
Leverage content marketing on LinkedIn to get noticed and fuel growth
Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. So, before you complain about not getting results I encourage you to start by being consistent with sharing content – this time on LinkedIn – if you have not done it yet.
– Sharing relevant content on LinkedIn can help your brand have a heartbeat, presence and identity rather than just being known for what you sell.
– LinkedIn also helps B2C companies get in touch with their ideal audience easier than ever before. You can do so using hashtags, connecting with the right professionals and influencers from the industry and even LinkedIn Promotions once in a while.
– As a brand, you can be known for your content for a change rather than only your product or service. So, there is a chance that someone first finds an interesting and valuable post from your brand and then redirects to your page to find out more about your product or service – not the other way round.
Other ways we can work together
Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
- Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the more than 650 million LinkedIn users currently active –Click Here
- Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn —Click Here
- Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
- Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can“Show out” instead of just showing up Click Here for more details
- Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat