LinkedIn is an excellent platform for discovering, sharing and publishing new content.
One of the best ways to get your message across is by publishing newsletters. With a newsletter, only those who subscribe will receive notifications and this will increase the chances that they’ll see what you have on offer because it’s relevant for your audience and they’ve opted into your subscription moving forward.
Most people have access now (unless you have less than 150 connections), so we’re here to show you how easy it is to create your own newsletter following some simple best practice guidelines.
When you first create a LinkedIn newsletter, by default your current connections and followers will be invited and will be able to subscribe to your newsletter. Here’s how you can create your first LinkedIn Newsletter:
- First scroll to the top of your home page and click on “Write an article”. This will proceed you to the publishing tool.
- Click “Create a newsletter”
- You’ll need to add a title, logo, description and publishing schedule for your newsletter.
- Once you have hit create newsletter, there will be an option on the upper right corner that will allow you to click on a drop-down box “newsletter title” click on this menu and select the newsletter you want to write in.
- When you create your first newsletter by default LinkedIn will invite your connections and followers by notification to subscribe. This will notify your connections and followers when your first one goes live. This option can be unchecked if you do not want them to subscribe. However we don’t suggest you do that.
- You will now be able to create and write your first newsletter. Have a clear and precise theme to ensure your audience is clear on what it’s all about.
- Once you have finished formatting it’s now ready to publish, you will find the publish button at the top of the screen.
- A new pop-up window will appear, it will allow you to add more context around what the newsletter is about, add hashtags or ask your readers questions.
- Click “Post” and your newsletter will be distributed to your subscriber list and will also feature on your feed.
Here are some best practices for writing your first LinkedIn Newsletter:
- Create a clear and precise name for your newsletter. Ensure it describes a clear theme that your audience will resonate with and understand.
- Upload an updated company or personal logo. This will help with engagement and branding.
- Upload a unique cover photo for each individual newsletter you create. Try to avoid using stock images, it’s always best to use photos with people and faces as they usually resonate better with any audience.
- Ensure you’re using effective headlines and ensure it describes what your users can expect to learn by reading the newsletter.
- Maximise your reach and exposure by sharing each post to other parts of your network via email and other social media platforms.
- Make sure to maintain your publishing schedule, E.G if you plan to post weekly, fortnightly or monthly then make sure you are creating content and sticking to the schedule, your users will become accustomed to your schedule and will regularly engage with your content on those dates.
- Always include a call to action, call to actions encourage engagement from your readers. Some examples could be asking your subscribers to; comment, share, read a LinkedIn article blog or post. Always remember to give your readers a way to engage with your content as engagement is a metric the LinkedIn algorithm values highly.
- The last tip is to activate “Creator Mode” on your profile, this will allow people to view your profile and follow your activity on LinkedIn.
So, to recap, should you create your own LinkedIn newsletter?
Yes, newsletters are a great way to keep in touch with your followers and promote new content, they also can be a great way to further develop relationships with your audience while also boosting reach. LinkedIn has always been a powerful marketing tool, and now LinkedIn marketers can take their content distribution efforts one step further by publishing newsletters.
If you have access, don’t take this feature for granted. Publish content that will help you achieve your marketing goals.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 750+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 10-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program on our Free Trial Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
You might be surprised to know what exactly we do, it’s a little different to what you may expect. Watch this short video that outline the 3 outcomes you will achieve working with us – CLICK Here