What are the biggest bottlenecks you have encountered as a business owner so far? Too many processes? Your team failing to meet deadlines? Or is it angry customers?
For many entrepreneurs in the initial stages of starting up there is one bottleneck more often than not: Ourselves.
As we excitedly attempt to do every little task all by ourselves initially, we soon end up tired and exhausted, wishing we had a team to fall back on.
While every business aspires to remain efficient, it is rarely achieved because of some setbacks. Once you understand that roadblocks are inevitable, start working on how you can find a permanent fix for certain problems.
Confront your problems and act now!
If you need some direction with getting to the bottom of your business problems, let’s find a solution together.
How bottlenecks can impede a company’s growth
Bottlenecks are short or long-term interruptions caused to the flow of work. Until the said interruption is spotted and resolved, work could come to a halt and delay the next steps. Anything could be causing these problems – a computer, a team member or you.
While it seems like a small issue, bottlenecks can cause many problems if left unresolved, like lost revenue, wasted time, poor-quality products or services, dissatisfied customers, and high stress among team members.
In any business, generally business growth bottlenecks are found in two areas –
– People: could be your team, vendors or any other people involved in your company’s workflow.
– Processes: could be programs, software and technology that you use to carry out and systemise day-to-day tasks.
Do you run your business or does it run you?
Sometimes, it can seem like everything comes to a stop the moment you are not around. Do you feel like the quality of work is compromised if you are not around to ensure everyone is getting the best of your product or service out into the world?
If you have you been through this, it means your business is running you instead.
Running your own business can be daunting on many occasions: long days, insufficient time for family and friends and the unabating pressure to keep up. Sooner than we realise, it is time to make the transition to let go of the reins and lead your team in the right direction by monitoring and controlling results.
Whatever the reason, every entrepreneur must build a team and delegate tasks to grow your business to a point that it can run smoothly without you being there.
How can you put an end to the long working hours and no personal time?
– Build a strong and reliable team
– Decide which tasks to delegate
– Communicate your expectations clearly and guide your team at every step
– Resort to technology that can help you support daily operations
– Allow your team to take responsibility and only come in when you are really needed
Another major perk of making this transition successfully is that you will have more time on your hands to focus on your health, well-being, friends and family just as much as your company.
Why you need a team to lead your business to success?
A business is essentially the people who work behind the scenes. All the big dreams and goals an entrepreneur may have is eventually achieved with the help of the team who believes in it just the same. So, hiring the right team who are willing to stick with your through thick and thin.
– Your team defines your company’s culture
– Each team member when chosen carefully, complements your skills and brings synergies to your effort
– Your team is an extended family that embraces all the highs and lows
– They will help convert your vision and goals into milestones
Outsourcing can do wonders to a business!
Bottlenecks crop up due to poor time management, lack of funds, being understaffed and sometimes, growing too much too soon. One approach to tackle such a situation is to outsource certain tasks to virtual assistants, who can make your life so much easier.
Here’s how outsourcing can save your sanity:
– Hiring a freelancer instead of a full-time employee helps you cut costs
– Frees up your time so you can focus on growing your business instead of worrying about the nitty-gritties
– Get more work done quickly with experts handling certain departments of your company
– Focus on what you can do best and hand over the rest into reliable hands
– Prioritise your mind, body and health
Did you know you can take outsourcing into your personal life too?
It is never a good idea to wear too many hats for far too long. The reason you chose to tread this path is to do something you love and are passionate about. If you are not thoroughly enjoying what you do, if you feel frustrated and alone and dread it when you glance at your to-do list every morning – something is just not right.
Take the first step to fix this. Ask for help, outsource and delegate for starters and figure out the rest one thing at a time.
What did you do to take a step back and ensure your goals are not compromised by the daily routine of your business? Can you say with conviction that you have successfully freed yourself from the grind?
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the more than 650 million LinkedIn users currently active –Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn —Click Here
3. Register for our FREE LinkedIn update webinar
Every 12-Weeks you can join us for a free update on all the latest news, ninja tips and outline of new features released by LinkedIn – Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Influencer Program so you can“Show out” instead of just showing up Click Here for more details
5. Work with our team privately
If you’d like to work directly with us to create new marketing opportunities send us a quick message Click here … tell us a little about your business and we’ll organise a time for a deeper chat