Are you searching for ways to stand out in a noisy online world? Are you wondering how some of the leading companies use LinkedIn to achieve their goals? Do you want to create a stronger presence on LinkedIn?
The answer to those questions is….. You need to increase your visibility!
With LinkedIn becoming more and more popular each year it might sound easier said than done! But there is a number of ways to make your business stand out.
What can you do to stand out on LinkedIn?
With the right marketing strategy and product positioning, you can sell almost anything, but many small businesses struggle with this part of their business despite having the blueprint for success right in front of them.
Here are some tips to focus on to stand out front from the crowd in this day and age of content marketing:
– Find your target audience and engage with them
If you have perfected your content strategy for LinkedIn or otherwise, as a next step, it is imperative to ensure that your content is being heard and read by the right groups of people. You don’t need to cater to all but you must make a difference with the right crowd. Once you have reached out to your following, make sure that you also keep their interests by staying active and engaging with them more often.
– Tell a good story that your audience will want to hear
We are currently living in a world with information overload, we are being bombarded with multiple products, choices and content. While it is difficult to differentiate and build your own identity, it is certainly not impossible. The secret to sharing your story creatively is by getting personal and humanising your brand. When you create organic content that your followers can empathise and connect with, the toughest part is over – they will come back for more.
– Quick responses and legendary customer service
The more that you focus on the first two aspects, you will soon make your way up to the top. What comes after is potential clients who will reach out to you for your service or product. Every customer expects great service. Companies can succeed on this front by being polite, giving them the best deals and responding to their concerns and questions quickly.
Get your SEO game up and stand out
With more than 800 million LinkedIn users today, a lot of companies are vying for attention on it’s members. The best way to improve your online presence on and off the platform is by optimising your profile.
As you may already know, as Google and other search engines index LinkedIn pages in their search results – this gives you yet another way to be discovered.
For starters, you can begin by making the following changes or additions:
– A complete profile: The reason anyone visits your page or your companies is that they wish to know more. If your profile is underdone or incomplete, you lose a potential client or business relation right there!
– Keywords and hashtag research: Whether it is a website or content, keywords and hashtags are essentially how people find what they are looking for, what differentiates you from others and at the same time help increase visibility for your brand. Do a quick research to find the right keywords to use.
– Customise your LinkedIn URL: A default URL is full of numbers and characters which makes it hard for anyone to remember. Customising your URL makes you seem like a savvy, active LinkedIn user and eventually creates a good first impression.
– Add a working link to your company’s website: Sometimes, missing out on trivial yet significant details such as this may lead to losing leads or clients. Ensure that the link to your company’s website is working to avoid this.
– An amazing website: websites are the gateway into your company’s world. A visually appealing website with great content and pictures will attract more visitors than you would expect.
– Be the Sage: Content is everywhere. But, there sure is a dearth of meaningful and useful content that has the power to make a user stop scrolling and actually read what is written. Stay original and create organic content to increase your following organically.
LinkedIn was created for users to build meaningful, mutually-beneficial relations. While you can generate leads simply using ads and marketing, over time it will seem like you are helping yourself and defying the purpose of an amazing tool.
What are some other ways to stand out that will complement your LinkedIn efforts?
Visibility is essential for any business to grow, but there are ways to help your business grow that will complement your efforts on LinkedIn and allow you to target an even bigger audience. Here are some top tips:
– Write blogs: if you are seeking fresh ways to have your voice heard, blogging is a great way to generate backlinks for your business.
– Create standout audio/visual content: Podcasts, videos and webinars are types of content that are easy to consume in such a demanding time. It is also inexpensive, quick to produce, and allows you to stay ahead in your industry.
– Build a brand: Use innovative and unconventional ways to get your message out into the world
– A personal touch: Showcase the human side of your brand to have an emotional connection with your audience
– Collaboration: Get together with organisations to curate social and community initiatives to grow your reach by leaps and bounds outside of the digital world
Making noise as a business owner is essential for growing any business on LinkedIn.
Start with one tactic at a time to create an advantage for your business in the long run. It takes practice and time to eventually grow your network and stand out. But know that it is possible to push through the crowd and start making some noise.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 800+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book F“Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here