With over 800 million users and counting, it’s no surprise that LinkedIn is now one of the most actively used platforms when it comes to recruiting, professional networking, and keeping up to date with industry knowledge.
We’re going to look back on 2020 and 2021 as a tipping point in the history of the internet.
The pandemic has driven shoppers online in their millions and many business owners have been quick to respond.
The volume of online advertising, social media content, newsletters and new websites has surged exponentially. It’s gotten very noisy online, and attention spans are rapidly shrinking.
That’s made it harder than ever and more important than ever to cut through, grab your audience’s attention and keep them engaged through to a buying decision.
If your LinkedIn strategy hasn’t delivered consistent improvement in your positioning as a trusted sage along with growth in lead generation, you have two choices.
- Struggle on without changing anything. You know how this goes – if you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll always get the results you’ve always got.
- Stop struggling on your own. Get expert help to build trust, generate warm leads and drive higher sales conversions
If you’re going to lay a strong foundation for the rest of the year you need to start now.
Here are some top ways to stand out on LinkedIn in 2022:
Optimise your company profile
#1 Use High-quality logo image
Use a high-quality background image that will showcase your brand and encourage potential clients to scroll further down the page and learn more about your company and what you have to offer. When uploading your background image make sure to use the appropriate sizing, your logo image should be 268 (w) x 268 (h) pixels in size.
#2 Update Your LinkedIn Banner Image
One of the first things a user on your LinkedIn page will usually notice is your company banner image. If this image is old or if you haven’t updated your banner image in a while, there’s a good chance it needs more than a quick image change. One way to grab your audience’s attention from the get-go and keep them updated and informed is to update your banner image to an upcoming event, a new offer or a new product you are about to release. The size of your banner image should be 1128 (w) x 191 (h) pixels.
#3 Create a Tagline and CTA (Include Keywords to Boost Your SEO)
SEO – Creating an effective professional headline is an important part of a great profile, it has a major impact on your SEO visibility in a google search, think of your tagline as a meta description for your page. It will display in a google search below the page title and URL so using the right keywords and being clear in your message will affect how you rank on a google search results page (SERPs). Keep in mind you only have 120 characters so you will need to pack the right information and keywords into the character limit.
CTA – LinkedIn currently gives you the option to choose from 5 different calls to action buttons (CTA’S) visit website, learn more, contact us, sign up and register. When choosing your CTA make sure it aligns with your tagline, for example, if you would like your users to subscribe to your list or message about your services then push them to that in your tagline and prompt them to click on the CTA button.
#4 Update your LinkedIn content strategy
LinkedIn has always been a great place for networking and building relationships with your clients, building content that engages your audience is essential for success on LinkedIn. Here are some content ideas to help you connect with your target audience:
- Host live events on LinkedIn: Live stream to your entire audience via LinkedIn live, this type of content will allow your audience to engage with your content in a live environment, you can also do joint events with other speakers and
leverage of their audience as well.
- Add LinkedIn polls to encourage engagement: polls offer interactive functionality and can also increase engagement and response rates for your post.
- Publish Articles: share company updates, advertise an upcoming event, give your opinion on relevant industry trends and build your trusted authority by publishing relevant content for your ideal audience.
- Create newsletters: Create a themed newsletter that will allow your Audience to subscribe and receive updates on a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis. Newsletters are a great way to build a community and share with your audience company updates, new trends, upcoming events, and new products.
LinkedIn has always been a great way to generate leads, establish your brand, become a trusted sage in your field, and create a sales funnel that delivers for your business all year round. Start implementing these tips now to optimise your LinkedIn company page for 2022.
P.S. Here are 5 ways we can help you accelerate your Lead Generation results:
1. Grab our free 4-Week LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Course
It’s the road map to positioning your profile in the top 5% of the 800+ million LinkedIn members – Click Here
2. Join our FREE LinkedIn Group and connect with entrepreneurs who are scaling too
It’s our Facebook community where smart entrepreneurs learn to get more leads and smart ways to scale using LinkedIn — Click Here
3. Take our FREE LinkedIn Productivity Assessment
Score your current presence and activity on LinkedIn against industry best practice benchmarks. Receive customised results instantly and as a BONUS you’ll get a FREE PDF download of Amazon’s Best-selling book F“Influencer” Click Here
4. Join our LinkedIn Inner Circle Solo Program Click Here for more details
5. Learn more about the four most effective conversion strategies for LinkedIn success
When we analysed the most successful conversion campaigns amongst these, we found there are four very specific strategies that deliver the most consistent results year after year. We call them ‘The Magic Four’. Take the Questionnaire now to assess your suitability Click Here
If you enjoyed this content today we would love your help! We would really appreciate it if you could take a moment to write us a Google review about your experience: Google Review Here!